Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone and viewmtn: misunderstanding error output

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone and viewmtn: misunderstanding error output
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:30:08 -0700

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 11:25:50AM +0200, Georg Lohrer wrote:
> Unable to list branches: monotone: fatal: std::exception:
> boost::filesystem::is_directory: "/data/mono/Siemens.db": Permission denied
> monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone. monotone: please send
> this error message, the output of 'monotone --full-version', monotone: and a
> description of what you were doing to address@hidden monotone:
> discarding debug log (maybe you want --debug or --dump?)

Oh, err, sorry -- sometimes the bug that message refers to is simply
that we should have done better error checking, earlier on, rather
than tripping a low-level invariant :-)

This was already fixed accidentally in mainline (at least on unix),
when I cleaned up path handling in general.  Win32 may still have the
problem, but I've added a test to find out...

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen