[Monotone-devel] Re: Serving * does not work

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Serving * does not work
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:19:11 +0200

Matthew Gregan <address@hidden> writes:

[Interesting explanation how expansion on MS windows work deleted]

>> So the ls command works fine.  Oh and it is not the fact
>> that ls is part of msys.  If you replace ls with notepad.exe
>> the expansion behaviour is correct as well.
>
> notepad.exe, like most native Windows applications, performs its own
> glob expansion.

Ok, but why can't monotone?
To reword it slightly:

notepad "*"

will give an error it can not open the file * on the msys shell.
But monotone will still insist on expanding.
So it seems notepad expansion algorithm is better than monotone's.

Oh not that this, IMO, warrant fixing.  If I am using the msys
shell I should accept to live with the consequences :-)

Wim Oudshoorn.