[Monotone-devel] monotone update does not always update MT/options

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] monotone update does not always update MT/options
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:16:05 +0200

In the following scenarion monotone update does not update
the branch information in the MT/options file.

SCENARIO
--------

* revision 1 has two  branch certificates:
  branch A
  branch B

* the working copy has checked out revision 1
  with branch certificate A

* run

  monotone --branch=B update

* the result of the above is:

  monotone: already up to date at 1

  and the MT/options still has contains

  branch "A"

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
-------------------

* This can be confusing, because I assume that after
  monotone --branch=B update
  I will be working on branch B and the next commit will
  default to branch B.

* This is not purely hypothetical,
  the way we use monotone this will happen a lot.

  namely:

        branch: Main-line       branch: feature A  ...

              *
              |                       |  work
              |                       *

* This is with monotoen version 0.23 on windows

Wim Oudshoorn.