Re: [Monotone-devel] Securing Lua

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Securing Lua
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:04:16 +1300

At 2005-11-28T09:19:19-0300, Alex Queiroz wrote:
>      Regarding the concern about some dangerous functions in the Lua
> library, it's not necessary to have a custom Lua distribution to
> disable them. All one has to do is to set the functions to nil right
> after the library initialisation in lua.cc:

Thanks for the tip.  Graydon has made this change in the
nvm.experiment.rosters branch, so it will turn up in mainline when rosters
land.

Even with this change, however, we will still require our own Lua
distribution for now, because we require Lua to be built with support for
C++ exceptions--either by building Lua as a C++ library, or by builting it
with the equivalent of -fexceptions.

Cheers,
-mjg
--