[Monotone-devel] Hashes of missing files

From: Glen Ditchfield
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Hashes of missing files
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:17:19 -0600

On Monday 19 December 2005 21:45, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> As Derek mentioned, if you want the hash you can use any SHA1 tool,
> like the commonly available sha1sum.  Monotone also provides a simple
> tool for general SHA1ing -- "monotone identify".

So, monotone reports that file "foo" is missing.  I suspect that it has been
renamed to "bar".  I'd like to compare their hashes.  (In general, I want to
compare the hashes of all missing files to the hashes of all unknown files.)
"monotone identify bar" gets me one hash, but is there an elegant way to find
out what foo's hash was?  "monotone cat foo | monotone identify" seems a bit
indirect.