Re: [Monotone-devel] Default get_preferred_merge3_command -- converting

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Default get_preferred_merge3_command -- converting to Cygwin paths
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:00:34 -0600

Steven E. Harris wrote:
[...]

I tried setting EDITOR to "vim" and, to my surprise, monotone was able
to fire up vim and start the merge. I just can't figure out what I'm
looking at with the three vertical panes, while ediff's merge
interface is second-nature to me.

[...]

It attempts to explain it, but you don't see it if you are using vim instead of gvim. You are looking at ancestor, left, and right files. You merge everything into the leftmost file (ancestor). You can do ':help diff' for instructions. Some useful commands are ':diffput', ':diffget', ']c', '[c', and ':diffup'.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com