[Monotone-devel] Re: error: Extraneous data in key store (0.26pre2)

From: Henry Nestler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: error: Extraneous data in key store (0.26pre2)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:26:12 +0100

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 06:24:54PM +0100, Henry Nestler wrote:
Hello Tim,

Timothy Brownawell wrote:
On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 13:40 +0100, Henry Nestler wrote:
$ ls ~/.monotone/keys
henry-privkey.txt  henry-pubkey.txt  server-privkey.txt  server-pubkey.txt
Those shouldn't be there. Instead, each key should have a "keypair"
Files I stored there by hand.  I thought, it would be a good place.  :(

Maybe the keystore should have a README file or something in it, that
we know to ignore and that warns people about this sort of thing?

"error: Extraneous data in key store"
A hint about the 'name' of wrong file you found, would help in error message. Then I would see my private files and can move or delete them.

My badly was, that the files was created by old monotone version and I copied it into same place of new monotone keystore area. I'm not know, that you scans any files in this directory.

--
Henry Nestler