Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: rename boundary failure in 0.25

From: Ethan Blanton
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: rename boundary failure in 0.25
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:36:34 -0500

Nathaniel Smith spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 03:04:54PM -0500, Shawn Samuel wrote:
> > Also, as far as I can tell, there is no way to set the default key in
> > monotonerc. Am I just missing something, or is there a reason for
> > this?
>
> Just the general reason that multi-key setups haven't seen as much use
> as other things, so we haven't had as much feedback about what works
> well or as much thought put into them.

This was surprising to me, as well, but when I was thinking about
fixing it a path forward wasn't clear to me.  I think the best
solution I see is to provide a default-key hook and then an
--anonymous option for when you really honestly do want an anonymous
push/pull.  I personally use signed operations more often than
anonymous operations, anyway, so I'd rather type nothing for the
default key.  (Others might disagree.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.