Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.26pre3 released

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.26pre3 released
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:18:05 -0700

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:49:07PM +0400, Petr Ovtchenkov wrote:
> I add near the following (near roster.cc:1422):
> And see:
> monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: roster.cc:1433: invariant
> 'I(right_uncommon_ancestors.find(right_marking.birth_revision) !=
> right_uncommon_ancestors.end())' violated

Matt's been looking at this some on IRC... it looks like the ancestor
list you pasted is actually itself incorrect... is the db that's
showing these problems available?  We're curious what exactly it has
in it at the time the error occurs.

> > I'm almost wondering about some sort of strange issue with compiler or
> > libraries?  Though that's strange, since you're running on linux,
> > which is very well tested.  We might even need to take extreme
> > measures to reproduce this, like asking you to compile with
> > --enable-static-boost and debugging, and seeing if the resulting
> > binary still causes a problem on our system, etc....
>
> I am sure both in libs and in compiler. The situation is reprodusable, so I'm
> expect some logic error.

It's a possibility; still weird stuff going on :-).

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music

This email may be read aloud.