[Monotone-devel] Re: Rosterify and certificate keys

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Rosterify and certificate keys
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:28:57 +0100

Tom Koelman <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Well, no. All the revision hashes have changed and there is as far as
> I can tell no automatable way to map old revision hashes to new
> ones. So I have no way of knowing which certificate to hand out to
> which revision.

I was imagining people would want to resign certs on revisions that
they had created, mostly.  For example, you might want to resign
branch certs on such revisions.  In that case you can just use "mtn
automate select a:..." to find the appropriate revisions.  However, I
guess that doesn't really help except in very simple setups.

Almost always, the date will be sufficient to distinguish revisions
(especially along with author and branch), and rostering doesn't
change those.  So you *could* construct an automated way to map from
old to new revision ids.  I happen to have a shellscript which could
be a beginning of the first part (turning revisions to selectors,
using monotone 0.25), which I attach.

#!/bin/sh

monotone list certs $1 |
awk '/^Name  : .*$/ {sub(/^Name  : /, ""); kind=$0}
     /^Value : .*$/ {sub(/^Value : /, ""); cert[kind]=$0}
     END {sub(/@.*$/,"",cert["author"]);
     printf("%s/%s/%s\n", cert["branch"], cert["author"], cert["date"])}'