[Monotone-devel] maximum size of versioned files

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] maximum size of versioned files
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:53:49 +0200

Is there a practical size limit to a versioned file?

A few scenarios come to my mind:
a. no limit: the file is read, elaborated, and put in database in chunks
or something like that
b. one copy: enough memory is needed to contain the whole file, but no
more copies are needed
c. a few copies: 2-3 copies are needed in memory (e.g. 1 file buffer, 1
working object, 1 query for the DB)

I also have the same question about xdelta itself, but I guess I can
read about it no their website...

This just to know how feasible would it be to use bsdiff in monotone
instead of (or in alternative to) xdelta.

    Lapo