Re: [Monotone-devel] TracMonotone

From: Måns Rullgård
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] TracMonotone
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:21:59 +0100

Thomas Moschny <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> This is to announce that the development of a Monotone Plugin for Trac has
> begun!
>
> Trac [http://www.edgewall.com/trac/] is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking
> system for software development projects. It contains an interface to the
> Subversion revision control system.
>
> Newer versions of Trac are very modular and can be enhanced in various ways
> through a plugin mechanism.
>
> TracMonotone is such a plugin that allows a Trac project to use a
> Monotone instead of a Subversion repository. The plugin enables you
> to browse your project's sourcecode, view changesets, etc., like in
> any other Trac project. Revisions can be linked to from wiki pages,
> tickets, and any other place that contains wiki text, e.g. commit
> messages, and they can be specified either using their hex-id, or
> via a tag or branch name, and later via Monotone selectors, too.

Just a couple of quick comments:

- It doesn't seem to handle databases with multiple branches very
  well.  The source browser shows files from one branch only, and the
  timeline view shows changes from all branches.  I'd like to be able
  to specify which branch to show in the configuration file.  Is this
  something that is easy to add?

- The "Revision Log" link in the source browser shows only the latest
  change.

Apart from this, I say it's a good start.

--
Måns Rullgård
address@hidden