Re: [Monotone-devel] Instructions to compile usher?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Instructions to compile usher?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 06:26:46 -0500

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 07:33 -0300, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi.
>
> It seems that there are no instructions to compile Usher. I have
> used autotools for a few projects already, but can't figure out
> how to compile usher. What is the method I should use?

Which one?

There's the (old) single-file version in contrib/ in the monotone source
tree, where you do "g++ contrib/usher.cc -o usher".

There's also the version in net.venge.monotone.contrib.usher, which uses
autotools. For that one, you run the appropriate autotools magic
(something that seems to work is in ./bootstrap), then ./configure and
make.

Tim