Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate stdio - change working directory

From: Markus Meyer
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn automate stdio - change working directory
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:17:45 +0200

Thomas,

Thomas Keller wrote:
> Again, if WM_CLOSE is correctly interpreted on Windows mtn builds as
> equivalent to SIGTERM, Qt should do the trick and there wouldn't be
> any need for such a function. But thanks!
It was my impression that WM_CLOSE is a message which can only be sent
to a window (that is, to a HWND message loop). As a console application,
monotone does not implement any windows (it is a console application
after all), and therefore the WM_CLOSE approach doesn't work. There's
not much the Monotone devs can do here, although there's probably some
way to register a hidden window, implement a process message loop or
something like that, but a console application shouldn't have to do that.

So the problem is really that QT's approach is limited to graphical
applications, which seems like a problem in QT to me.

Markus