[Monotone-devel] Re: Ticker change?

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Ticker change?
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:11:08 -0700

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 10:17:50PM -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
Why do we need to hide boost::format? Should we just use "extern
template" for our % and make having an instantiation of that be another
requirement for types we want to format, along with having an
operator<< ?

I'd just like to point out that 0.27 is currently blocking on this
bug, plus the win32 test failure, so if the test failure gets fixed we
should also consider simply backing out this change temporarily...

I think the formatter thing is fixed now, sorry.

I didn't want to go the route of explicit boost::format template instantiations because I was also trying to strip out boost includes (boost/format.hpp pulls in 186 boost headers). So I just did some explicit specializations of the inline operator% for number types. Seems to work. Let me know if you see any further failures in it (or, if you get tired of chasing the problem, revert; it's inessential)

-graydon