[Monotone-devel] 0.26 - now appears broken wrt to Windows case-sensitivi

From: Shawn Samuel
Subject: [Monotone-devel] 0.26 - now appears broken wrt to Windows case-sensitivity
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:08:33 -0400

I've run into a serious issue. It may be new to 0.26 because it's
happening on a directory.

Part of a revision I'm trying to update to reads as follows:

> Added files:
>        src/vb/cntoolbar/connect.dca
> Added directories:
>        src/vb src/vb/cntoolbar src/web src/web/services src/windows
>        src/windows/applications src/windows/applications/dominosync

Unfortunately, src/VB already exists (mtn list known):

> src/VB
> src/VB/CNSync
> src/VB/CNSync/CNSync.ico

src/VB was definitely already a directory in the ancestor of that
revision, as were the other added directories (like
src/Web/Services). Not sure what it was on the one developer's that
caused the casing confusion, but I can no longer update because mtn
knows the directory already exists due to case-insensitivity under
Windows:

> E:\dev\cnc.shawn>mtn up
> mtn up
> mtn: updating along branch 'cnc.shawn'
> mtn: selected update target a9deda76a2f74d198d9c0b668a9813d0c7a94b40
> mtn: adding sql/upgrade/upgrade-2006-05-10.sql
> mtn: misuse: path 'src/vb' already exists, cannot create

Clean checkouts will work so we're not completely screwed, but not
being able to update into existing working directories is really
broken.

Suggestions?

thanks,
shawn