Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing a revision from a branch

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing a revision from a branch
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:15:48 -0600

On 6/8/06, Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:23 -0600, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> I don't know how it happened, but apparently I accidentally added a
> revision to  a branch to which it does not belong. How do I remove the
> revision from the branch? Is there a command to remove a specified
> cert?

No, you have to use 'db execute'.

Make a copy of your db, then run
   mtn db execute "delete from revision_certs where id = '<revid>'
   and name = 'branch'"
(remove all branch certs from that revision), then
   mtn approve <revid> -b branch-you-want
(put back the one you want).

Thanks! Your advice worked perfectly. Incidentally, the branch still
has two `date' certs. I can figure out on my own how to remove one of
them with `db execute' command. What could possibly cause two date
certs to be created?

Cheers,
Shaun