[Monotone-devel] Re: lua testsuite progress (was: Re: Summer of Code kic

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: lua testsuite progress (was: Re: Summer of Code kick-off)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:41:14 -0500

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 06:33 -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> It now works under Windows/VC8, except for the non-english tests.

One of these also fails under msys, but in a different way.

> Next up is to convert more tests (maybe all of the rest?) and get the
> *nix-ish build env installed on my windows so I can verify that things
> work there.

I got 50 more tests converted, and got mingw/msys installed, and the
empty_environment tests works there now. The cvs tests have trouble with
cleanup because the cvs that came with my mingw seems to like making
read-only repositories. So what's next is to fix the cleanup code to
deal with this.

> I can also (but probably not this week) poke at our
> dependency graph more, to try to get the test program to depend less on
> general monotone code (besides sanity and libplatform) (maybe enough to
> have a 'libsanity'?).
>
> The 200 converted tests run in 27 minutes walltime on Windows/vmplayer,
> with 10 skipped (These are either tests that don't make sense on
> Windows, or tests that use unavailable commands (such as the cvs
> tests).) On Linux, they run in 9 minutes walltime, with 5 minutes user
> and 1 minutes system time. The first 200 tests from the old testsuite
> (on Linux) take 20m/5m/10m wall/user/sys time.

This also takes about 26 minutes when compiled under mingw, while the
old testsuite takes about 7 hours.

Tim

=====

I'll be offline from this weekend until the end of the month.