Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [RFC] versioned policy -- introduction

From: Matthew Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [RFC] versioned policy -- introduction
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:49:01 -0500

Wim Oudshoorn wrote:
Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

Questions, comments?

I have tried a few times to understand the versioned policy discussions, but everytime I ended up even more confused.
So is it possible to have a few detailed use cases.  Take for example
the problem of revoking commit access.  It is easy to state it just like
that:  I want to revoke commit access for user joe.
However this leaves out a lot of details on the actual expected behaviour of
monotone.  All I see is a discussion about trust seeds and trees and no
detailed use case yet.  And this might be just me, but it makes it much
harder for me to reason about the probosed solutions.

It's not just you :).

--
Matthew Nicholson
matt-land.com