Re: [Monotone-devel] bug report

From: Rob Schoening
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug report
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:54:45 -0700

This may be the strange behavior that I have seen with "mtn mv" in the past, particularly when using Eclipse's class/package name refactoring for java sources.

After getting stuck a few times with invariant violations after moving directories and files into the new directories, I found that I could keep out of trouble by performing directory renames and committing them in their own revision.

Glad to see that this is fixed.

RS

On 9/12/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 10:01:38AM +0200, Albert Ramstedt wrote:
> This is how to reproduce it
> mtn add existing/foo.rb
> mkdir nonexisting
> mtn mv existing/foo.rb nonexisting
> >> mv existing/foo.rb nonexisting <<
> mtn add nonexisting

Ah-hah!  That does trigger the bug, and actually I found a different
way to do it just before you replied again... both are now fixed in
mainline.  Thanks!

"Of course, the entire effort is to put oneself
Outside the ordinary range
Of what are called statistics."
-- Stephan Spender