[Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import

From: Martin Langhoff
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:41:29 +1200

On 9/14/06, Jon Smirl <address@hidden> wrote:
Let's copy the git list too and maybe we can come up with one importer
for everyone.

It's a really good idea. cvsps has been for a while a (limited, buggy)
attempt at that. One thing that bothers me in the cvs2svn algorithm is
that is not stable in its decisions about where the branching point is
-- run the import twice at different times and it may tell you that
the branching point has moved.

This is problematic for incremental imports. If we fudged that "it's
around *here*" we better remember we said that and not go changing our
story. Git is too smart for that ;-)

martin