Re: [Monotone-devel] can't find boost

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] can't find boost
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:31:30 +0200

On 9/15/06, George B. Myers <address@hidden> wrote:
I have tried everything suggested to get .configure to find boost but,
it still says it cannot find it.  I have loaded boost 1.33.1.  I specify
it's location in every environment variable I can imagine might be used,
including the ones identified in the INSTALL instructions.

CPPFLAGS
CXXFLAGS
CFLAGS
LDFLAGS
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
INCLUDE

all point to the directories including the include files and libraries.
I am running as root, so it cannot be a permission problem at this
point.  And it still cannot find boost.  What do I need to do?  What
step am I missing?

Check out the INSTALL document and notice the BOOST_SUFFIX variable.
Try playing with that; it will most likely help.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/