Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone on a static web site

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone on a static web site
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:25:49 -0700

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 03:59:31AM -0400, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> Once I'm satisfied with attr scan

How is attr scan going, btw?

> I intend to look at the monotone-dumb
> stuff to support database export/import that allows branches to be
> posted on a static web site (i.e. no server-side scripting, just static
> content) and pulled into a database.  Unfortunately I don't (yet) know
> python, so this may take a while.  Now, if I ever get my own server
> up and running this will be much less important to me.  The problem, of
> course, is cost.

Cool!  Keep being poor, AFAIK everyone who's considered doing this in
the past decided that it was quicker to find a server than to make the
functionality work for everyone ;-).

It isn't too complicated, though, and the python-ness isn't important;
the important part is the disk format.  Ideally we'll even move it
into montone proper at some point (anyone know where to get a decent
C++ HTTP library with pipelining support?).

  /* Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
   * reaper of innocent orphaned children.
   */
-- Linux kernel 2.4.5, main.c