Re: [Monotone-devel] po/ChangeLog

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] po/ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:23:12 +0200

Benoît Dejean schrieb:
Hey,
        that was not a mistake but i should have announce that. monotone is
getting more and more translations and i though it would be good to have
seperate ChangeLog files pour translation updates only so translation
commits don't trash developers' ChangeLog.

Hrm... out of interest, what is this supposed to contain other than "fixed this string, translated that string, aso..."? In other words: Who cares?

IMHO mtn annotate is sufficient (once it is fast enough) to keep up with translation changes. Having another, external file which needs to be cared about is just a hassle for translators who then need to pinpoint each and every of their translation changes.

Thomas.

--
- "I know that I don't know." (Sokrates)
Guitone, a frontend for monotone: http://guitone.berlios.de