Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: FreeBSD's requirements for its future VCS

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: FreeBSD's requirements for its future VCS
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:19:29 -0400

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:50:17PM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:

> Daniel Carosone wrote:
> > I've made a start, creating an EvaluationFeatures top-level page that
> > should index all the other FeatureFoo pages, a FeatureTemplate page
> > and a half-dozen or so (so far) FeatureFoo pages.
> Whoo, you work fast, I couldn't definitely keep that pace ;-)
> (either that or you got lotsa free time :P)
>
> Good news is I just had the "editing bit" on FreeBSD's wiki and am
> linking and copying some of your text there, so that FreeBSD people
> can notice it better =)

I have found some of your text on the BSD wiki.

(1) monotone should be put in the list on page Existing Version Control
Systems http://wikitest.freebsd.org/VersionControl

(2) http://wikitest.freebsd.org/VCSFeatureCVSImport:
"CVS branches are presently not attached" Not clear fro text whether
this is a limitation of monotone or CVS.

Keep up the good work.  There are quite a few other features that
monotone does really well.  And the links to the monotone site I found
actually helpful in understanding the point of some things I've taken
for granted for a long time now.

-- hendrik