[Monotone-devel] [FreeBSD Wiki] new requiremnent: "VCSDatabaseRecovery"

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [FreeBSD Wiki] new requiremnent: "VCSDatabaseRecovery"
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:41:26 +0100

> New page:
> =Description ==
> We want to be able to recover from database corruptiopnss of any kind.

I'd say we may well be proud of monotone in that regard, isn't it so?

I'm thinking to comment like this, please correct/expand it if you will =)

PS: there's the EuroBSDCon in progress! I'll try and talk about MTN this
evening at the dinner and tomorrow at the convention itself ;-)

-----------

Monotone authors are quite paranoid regarding correctness of the
storage, and never in the (recent?) past a bug managed to actually
delete important information. When in the (far?) past users had a
database form some reason unusable (at the very least, there's disk
corruption) they went so far as releasing a specific version for the
recovery of that specific database.
The database itself is SQLite, so everyone can easily see its content
and be assured about its soundness.

--
Lapo Luchini
address@hidden (OpenPGP & X.509)