Re: [Monotone-devel] Keeping track of only two files from another branch

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Keeping track of only two files from another branch/database
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:38:24 -0600

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 06:23 -0200, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I think Monotone's sanity.{hh,cc} is a great idea, and I'd like
> to use them in my project. However, I was wondering if there is
> an easy, automated way to do that, since both net.venge.monotone
> and info.aleph0.apso (my project) use Monotone.
>
> What I'll probably do is to copy the files from one workspace to the
> other and commit them into info.aleph0.apso. But then I won't get
> updates/etc when someone commits changes to net.venge.monotone.
>
> However, I wouldn't want to check out the entire Monotone source
> tree and keep track of it.
>
> Is there a cleaner way of doing this with Monotone?

We don't have a really good way of doing that. About the only way to do
this so you do get updates is to merge_into_dir the monotone tree into
your project, and then probably drop all the files you're not interested
in. This mostly works, but (1) will add a large amount of history that
you probably don't really want, and (2) will from time-to-time give you
orphaned node conflicts if you went with dropping the parts you don't
want.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net