[Monotone-devel] Two seperate setups caused problems?

From: Daniel Lakeland
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Two seperate setups caused problems?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:52:54 -0800

Apparently I'm in a situation where monotone can't merge two branches:
(on windows...)

mtn merge
mtn: 2 heads on branch '....'
mtn: [left] 01565....
mtn: [right] 74e29...
mtn: warning: rename target conflict: nodes 6, 1, both want parent 0, name
mtn: warning: resolve non-content conflicts and then try again.
mtn: error: merge failed due to unresolved conflicts

I think what happened was that my coworker ran the windows monotone
installer, and created a database that had been "setup" with the same
branch name as mine. He made a test file, and then checked it in. Then
he synced with me. In the mean time I had done the same thing, except
also made several revisions.

now my revision history is in parallel with his, starting from NOWHERE
ie. there are essentially 2 roots. I can not figure out how to get
monotone to merge these branches. I already removed all the files from
the 74e29 branch. How can I get monotone to handle this case??

This seems like an edge case where only one person is supposed to
setup a DB with an initial branch and initial revision, but the
windows installer makes that near impossible.

--
Daniel Lakeland
address@hidden