[Monotone-devel] Re: A better approach for cvs->mtn?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: A better approach for cvs->mtn?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:04:00 +0000

Bruce Stephens <address@hidden> writes:

> Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> In monotone, you would use propagation to achieve the very
>> same. Although, I'm unsure how cvs_import could handle that... maybe
>> it's doable by manually telling it how to resolve *that* conflict.
>
> No, propagate would also copy all the other changes from the trunk
> (there's no restrictions version of propagate).  The closest would be
> pluck, I guess, but that's equivalent to just making copies.

Ah, but I guess if you were constructing the revisions yourself then
you could model it as a merge (propagate), but where most of the
changes were just ignored---that would work, I think.

Actually that might be a reasonable option for propagate: allow the
user to specify restrictions, and ignore changes to files outside the
restricted areas.  A generalisation of clobber merge, I guess?

[...]