[Monotone-devel] Re: line endings with 0.31

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: line endings with 0.31
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:53:06 +0000

William Uther <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>   I'm newish here, so my opinion might not count for much, but I
> think this is one area where subversion got things right.  I highly
> recommend that people read about subversion's system before making up
> their minds.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/
> svn.advanced.props.html  In particular, svn:mime-type svn:eol-style
> and svn:keywords are worth knowing about.

Yes, that's been mentioned several times.  (First mention was last
year:
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.monotone.devel/3816>.)
There's a bug mentioning it, too:
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=13390>.

My guess is it just hasn't bothered anyone enough to actually fix it
yet.  (Further, I suspect the first person to write the code,
documentation, and tests, probably has a good chance to choose how it
works.)

[...]