[Monotone-devel] Problem with monotone

From: Bergens, Johan
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Problem with monotone
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:44:42 +0100

Hi!

I just got the following error from monotone 0.31 on Windows.

I am running Windows Server 2003 in a virtual machine (Vmware) and is just trying to set up the environment for a web project that has to be developed by multiple developers.

The following error message was shown:

E:\EpiServer\web\classes>mtn list unknown

mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc:255: invariant 'I(utf8_validate(path))' violated

The debug log is attached to this mail.

Since we are a Swedish firm and working with Swedish clients there are some files using Swedish characters in the file names (for example “รถ”). I haven’t added any of these to Monotone (and hopefully will not have to) but they might cause problem when running “mtn list unknown”, which happended to be the command causing the error. Please respond if this is a known limitation or if you will add it as a recognized bug.

Best regards,

Johan Bergens
Software Innovation
S:t Eriksgatan 115