Re: [Monotone-devel] FW: Problem with monotone

From: Rob Schoening
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] FW: Problem with monotone
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:46:31 -0800

Yes, the tree was unchanged from 0.31 to 0.32.

I also tried a freshly checked-out workspace from my upgraded 0.32 repository and got the same results, so it wouldn't appear to be a corrupted workspace, per se, either.

The curious thing is that I can run "mtn ls unknown" from the workspace root and it works fine.  But when I run the same command from the subdir  (which should generate the same results regardless of the current working directory...), I get the invariant failure.

I'll try putting 0.31 back on my machine and verify that the problem goes away.

RS

On 1/2/07, Thomas Moschny <address@hidden > wrote:
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 22:14, Rob Schoening wrote:
> I received a similar invariant failure (both assertions are in paths.cc, at
> least) on Windows XP with 0.32, but with a 100% US character set.  My
> message post on the issue was rejected by the moderator for reasons unknown
> (debug file was too big or something).

Maybe you could compress it, or send only a (the last) part of it.

> Here is a strange one.  On windows, "mtn ls unknown" is choking on one
> particular sub directory ("forta-util") of my workspace.  If, inside this
> directory, I run "mtn ls unknown" with no arguments, I get the assertion
>
> failure:
> > C:\dev\forta\forta-util>mtn ls unknown
> > mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc :308:
> > invariant 'I(is_valid_internal(data()))'
> > violated

Are you really sure that you don't have file with names containing some
special chars (accented chars, newlines, zeros, or other strange things)
hidden somewhere in this tree?

Regards,
Thomas