Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Bug with OpenEmbedded Database

From: Otto Bommer
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Bug with OpenEmbedded Database
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:36:22 +0100 (MET)

I actually downgraded to monotone 0.30 for the Open Embedded DB which
works as this DB is maintained with OE 0.30. So I guess the DB is OK,
but it is actually as Koen said:
> Note for the monotone developers: can you *please* teach monotone the
difference between
> "too new" and "too old" when issueing db migrate messages? I've now
had to explain to
> multiple users that they shouldn't follow the advice monotone gives,
but the exact reverse
> (update mtn, not the db).

I put a remark on the OE homepage to use the same mtn version as the DB
and not use db migrate.
So i guess the issue is closed as far as monotone-devel is concerned.
Sorry for the noise.

Regards