[Monotone-devel] [summit] One week deadline for booking hotel!

From: Nathaniel J. Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [summit] One week deadline for booking hotel!
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:27:02 -0800

This was mentioned in my last email, but another reminder, since it
looks like basically no-one has actually booked hotel rooms yet -- our
special group rate rooms are only reserved until *January 20th*, i.e.,
*this coming Saturday*.  If you are planning to stay in the hotel, you
need to make sure you have a room booked by the end of this week!

If you have not figured out roommates yet, I suggest putting your name
and dates on this page now:
  http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/MtnSummit/Rooms
I also suggest that we use "shotgun rules" for assigning roommates --
if you see someone else on that page with the same dates, assign
yourself their roommate :-).  No need to be shy...

The details on actually booking a room are at:
  http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/MtnSummit/LogisticsNA

In theory you should be able to call at any time, day or night, and
book a room, but some people have reported having trouble with some of
the staff not understanding how this group booking thing works.  Here
is the situation, in case it helps you explain it to any confused
staff: We have a group reservation in their computer under the name
"Nathaniel Smith" for group "Monotone".  These rooms are being held
for us to purchase until January 20.  What you want to do is actually
purchase a stay in one of those reserved rooms, at the negotiated rate
of $65/night.

If all that still doesn't help, then what _will_ certainly work is
calling between 07:00-15:00 Monday-Friday (PST, = 15:00-23:00 UTC),
which is when "Ruby" is on duty.  Ruby set all of this up for us in
the first place and knows what is going on.