[Monotone-devel] Re: Policy user model

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Policy user model
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:37:16 +0000

How does this (or Nathaniel's article) handle the other bits that we
all (presumably) want, such as the current testresult certs?

For example, currently (if I set things up just right), I can make it
so that "mtn update" only updates me to revisions which pass certain
tests.  I guess with policy branches it would be cool to have more
flexible criteria (for net.venge.monotone accept anything by njs,
graydon, ..., and anything by anyone else so long as at least two
buildbots have said the revisions are OK).

And I think it would be cool to roll in review in some way, too.  (I
guess one could imagine review as being just another testresult,
though, so maybe that's all the same thing.)

Hmm, I guess those don't necessarily fit with policy branches at all?
They're more user- (or workspace-) specific options, and I guess they
work on certs just as now?