[Monotone-devel] Trust hooks

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Trust hooks
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:11:37 +0000

Rather than get_revision_cert_trust and accept_testresult_change, how
about two hooks corresponding to the desired operation, accept_head
and accept_update, say.

Where accept_head gets a revision id, branch name, and all of the
certs for the revision, and says whether that revision ought to be
regarded as a head of that branch.

And accept_update gets two revision ids and all the certs in both, and
says whether that update ought to be permitted.

That would allow something like "propagate" to be sensitive to
testresults (since accept_head could strip out revisions that didn't
pass certain tests), and would allow update to behave more flexibly
(so I could allow an update if the new revision passed no fewer tests
(as now), but also if one of the branch certs is from me (if the
revision's broken, then I ought to fix it).

Hmm, I guess certs are used sufficiently generally that we'd still
need get_revision_cert_trust (so that selectors can work flexibly)?