[Monotone-devel] Unnamed directory in a changeset

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Unnamed directory in a changeset
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:49:53 +0100

Hi,

For some reason, monotone is adding an unnamed directory to my changeset. I have hit this several times already (with 0.31 and 0.32, IIRC, but possibly earlier versions too).

This goes as such:

mkdir foo
mkdir foo/doc
touch foo/doc/a

mtn --db=foo.mtn db init
mtn --db=foo.mtn --branch=my.branch setup foo
cd foo
mtn add -R doc
mtn diff

Notice the 'add_dir ""' line in the reported changeset. This seems to be
harmless, but is incorrect.  In fact, it seems to be recorded in the
database when you do a commit so it might not be as harmless as I think.
When doing a 'mtn log':

Added files:
        doc/a doc/b
Added directories:
         doc

Notice the extra single space before 'doc'.  That shouldn't be here, but
it is because of the unnamed directory being in the database (I guess).

Any idea about what's going on here?  A known bug?

Happens equally under OS X with 0.32 on HFS+ and under Fedora with 0.31
and ext3 (so it is not an issue with case unsensitivity).

Thanks.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>