[Monotone-devel] mtn pluck default message

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn pluck default message
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:24:50 +0100

If I do

    mtn pluck -r abcdef...

and afterwards

    mtn commit --message="My message"

it will fail because mtn pluck has written the file _MTN/log
with content similar to:

     applied changes from 1234...
                  through abcd...

Now I have two minor usability points:

1 - I was suprised I could not commit from the command line this way.
2 - It is nice pluck generates the default log entry, but it would be nice
    if it could include the original commit message(s) too.
    Well, maybe not if I pluck 100 revisions at once, but if I just pluck
    one revision it is maybe nice to ad to the default message
    the 'plucked' commit message?

In addition

3 - It breaks some of my scripts that use monotone because they
    use --message="..."  to supply a commit message.

Wim Oudshoorn.