[Monotone-devel] keyword expansion

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: [Monotone-devel] keyword expansion
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:30:25 -0600

Hi,

In attachment you find a user extensible keyword expander.

It is intended to be used before building a distribution, to expand
keywords, and optionally before a commit to a repository under version
control, to remove keywords.  The advantage is that it is programming
language independent, and allows for user extension.  The idea is
taken from the user extensible keyword expansion mechanism that was
implemented in the prcs version control system.

I would like to combine this script with monotone, using hooks.  What
hooks can I use to call this script to remove keywords before commit,
and what hooks can I use to expand keywords after checkout or update ?

I thought that perhaps for the commit, the edit_comment hook can be
used.  For a checkout, I am not sure.

Hugo

--
                   Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

                 Research Imaging Center
  University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                   7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                   Phone: 210 567 8112
                     Fax: 210 567 8152