Re: [Monotone-devel] [patch] add access checks for monotonerc

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [patch] add access checks for monotonerc
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 15:03:22 +0100

Matt Johnston wrote:
Personally I'm not sure this is a good idea. On multi-user
systems, I usually make a point of keeping standard dot
files (.muttrc, .pwm/*, .zshrc, .ssh/config etc)
world-readable, as it's a useful way of teaching people how
to use less-known program features.

Maybe changing the std_hooks file to look for passwords in
~/.monotone/passwords, and ensuring appropriate permissions
on that file (and keys themselves) would be better?

I think it would be better to allow keys without passphrases and making sure the key files have appropriate permissions.

Matt

-- Ulf