Re: [Monotone-devel] Import command doesn't import everything even with

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Import command doesn't import everything even with --no-respect-ignore option on.
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:25:54 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:58:43 +0100, "Václav
Haisman" <address@hidden> said:

v.haisman> Václav Haisman wrote:
v.haisman> > Hi,
v.haisman> > yesterday, I've filled a bug report
v.haisman> > <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19078> about the
v.haisman> > subject. Today I looked at the source and I found a
v.haisman> > puzzling piece of code. It is starting at line 1069 of
v.haisman> > cmd_ws_commit.cc:
v.haisman> >
v.haisman> >       vector<utf8> empty_args;
v.haisman> >       options save_opts;
v.haisman> >       // add --unknown
v.haisman> >       save_opts.no_ignore = app.opts.no_ignore;
v.haisman> >       save_opts.exclude_patterns = app.opts.exclude_patterns;
v.haisman> >       app.opts.no_ignore = false;
v.haisman> >       app.opts.exclude_patterns = std::vector<utf8>();
v.haisman> >       app.opts.unknown = true;
v.haisman> >       process(app, "add", empty_args);
v.haisman> >       app.opts.unknown = false;
v.haisman> >       app.opts.no_ignore = save_opts.no_ignore;
v.haisman> >       app.opts.exclude_patterns = save_opts.exclude_patterns;
v.haisman> >
v.haisman> > Why is the 6th line of this snipped disabling the
v.haisman> > --no-respect-ignore flag? I have not actually tried
v.haisman> > removing it and to run the test case but it seems like it
v.haisman> > could be the culprit.

I can't remember why I disabled that flag...  except it was maybe
this;

v.haisman> I have tried removing the line but there are checks in
v.haisman> "add" command handler that fail then.

Have you tried forcing it to true?  (basically replacing my "false"
with "true" in that line)

v.haisman> I've also tried to dig a bit deeper into this and found out
v.haisman> that the test.a file in my test case gets ignored thanks to
v.haisman> predefined ignore_files() hook in std_hooks.lua. See the
v.haisman> attached --debug output.

Weird.  with no_ignore set, the ignore_files() function shouldn't be
used.  Maybe I misunderstood...

... and maybe I should review that command, I discovered that the add
part doesn't recurse, and I suspect this is because the underlying
functionality for 'ls unknown' stopped doing so...

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/