[Monotone-devel] Why all the restrictions on 'mtn add'?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Why all the restrictions on 'mtn add'?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:09:31 +0100 (CET)

With 'mtn add', you can't combine --unknown with --recursive or with
--no-respect-ignore.

I understand why --unknown couldn't be combined with --recursive
earlier, since --unknown would go recursive anyway, but since
workspace::find_unknown_and_ignored was changed *not* to travel down
in unknown directories, 'mtn add' stopped adding unknown files and
directories recursively.  The consequence is that 'mtn import'
suddenly doesn't quite work as expected.  One solution is to make a
slight change to 'mtn add' to have it accept --recursive and --unknown
at the same time.

Now, why --unknown and --no-respect-ignore can't be combined, that
just leaves me with my jaw open.  Why the hell not?

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis