Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.ssh-agent working and tested

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.ssh-agent working and tested
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:22:55 -0800

On 2/20/07, Daniel Carosone <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:52:29PM -0800, Justin Patrin wrote:
> I've also found out that if you serve you still need to enter your key
> passphrase, even if it's in ssh-agent and commit, pull, and push work
> fine. The problem is that decrypt_rsa() requires the private key to
> decrypt. As far as I can see, ssh-agent has no protocol for decrypting
> data so I'm not sure how this can be dealt with.

By symmetry, you'll probably also need it for syncing with a server
that requires auth?

Nope, pull, push, and sync all work fine with ssh-agent without
entering a password, which I assume means that decrypt_rsa() is only
used with serve.

That particular aspect of the netsync protocol session setup needs to
change anyway, perhaps it's not worth getting too hung up about.

Fine by me. I'm re-running tests after a propagate to see that everything works.

--
Justin Patrin