[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone 0.33 released - merge_into_workspace note

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone 0.33 released - merge_into_workspace note
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:43:53 +1300

At 2007-03-01T00:35:27+0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

First, thanks for all the hard work to get 0.33 out the door.

> NB: As a last possible second note (it was mentioned on IRC a minute ago),
> it should be mentioned that the command 'merge_into_workspace' is
> incomplete and should be used with the greatest care.

We expect it to be perfectly usable, but it's new in 0.33, so it might have
bugs we haven't found yet.  I added this comment to NEWS, but it was too
late for the 0.33 release:

        - "mtn merge_into_workspace" (still to be documented).  This command
          will allow you to review and fix up a merge in your workspace
          before committing it to the repository.  However, the conflict
          resolution interface remains the same as that of the 'merge'
          command for now (i.e. monotone will invoke your specified merge
          tool on all files with conflicts and you must resolve them as they
          are presented).  Work on in-workspace conflict presentation and
          resolution is planned for the future.

Cheers,
-mjg
--