Re: [Monotone-devel] Question on layering

From: Joel Crisp
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Question on layering
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:49:03 +0000

Easy access to 3tuples for 3D via structs, and true multi-dimensional arrays ;-)

Having done 3D in both Java and C#, it is far easier to do it in C#
since you don't have to do the whole v[3*i+0], v[3*i+1], v[3*i+2] to
index the x,y,z etc coordinates, you can use the much more natural
v[i].x,v[i].y,v[i].z; whilst you can wrap those calls in hopefully
in-lined methods, its still easier using C#'s syntactical sugar.

Also, C# pushes generics down to bytecode level and since I've written
a bytecode aspect injector for O-R persistence in C#, thats an
advantage to me.

I still use java for most of what I do as the libraries and 3rd party
support is much better, and mono isn't quite ready for prime time
(although it is getting closer)

Joel

On 3/1/07, Jon Bright <address@hidden> wrote:
Joel Crisp wrote:

> usable - it has come a long way since then! Java can't hack what I
> want to do next tho' I'll have to use C++ or C#.

Just out of interest (and without wanting to start a Slashdot
vi-vs-emacs thing), what can C# do that Java can't?

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.