[Monotone-devel] ViewMTN file based change history

From: Grahame Bowland
Subject: [Monotone-devel] ViewMTN file based change history
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:51:21 +0800

Hey guys

I've just added the concept of file based change history to ViewMTN.
You can see the results it produces here:

http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/revision/filechanges/24e396258037e472b264a8ed76689f7b7ef74563/automate.cc
- apologies if the URL wraps, blame SHA1 :-)

The page displays changes to the file described at a given path from a
base revision. In this case that's automate.cc from a recent revision
of net.venge.monotone; you can see when the file was touched.

This display shares a lot of  code with the branch changes listing,
and is I think reasonably correct. It tracks file renames, and updates
the "view file" and "diff" links accordingly.

The RSS link is somewhat misleading as the RSS file is also anchored
to this revision, hence the thing you're subscribing to will never
vary. That's a TODO (it'll have to be a page with links to subscribe
to that file in the head of the branches the revision your looking at
is in.)

Testing of this feature would be great. It may be a little slow, but
shouldn't be too bad. It's using automate get_corresponding_path and
automate get_content_changed.

As an aside; I'm thinking a useful feature would be "select for diff".
Select any revision for diff; that is stored somehow, and you can then
click a link "diff with <stored>" that appears on every revision page
you visit. Does anyone mind if I store that with a cookie? It's quite
a bit cleaner than packing state into URLs.. other ideas would be
great. Javascript postbacks are obviously something I want to avoid.

Cheers
Grahame