Re: [Monotone-devel] cannot drop non-empty directory

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cannot drop non-empty directory
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 04:46:43 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:29:05 +1000, Brian May
<address@hidden> said:

bam> address@hidden:~/tree/config$ mtn ls  unknown
bam> +log
bam>
bam> (is this now recursive by default? - I couldn't find a recurse option
bam> - so I assume it is)
bam>
bam> address@hidden:~/tree/config$ cd custom/
bam> address@hidden:~/tree/config/custom$ mtn ls unknown
bam> +log

ls unknown always shows the result from the root directory of the
project (the directory that contains the _MTN directory).  So what you
see is the exact same "log", not "log" and "custom/log"...

bam> address@hidden:~/tree/config$ mtn update
-rab359c1091857ba6fea22c12e0502654fcfc65b6
bam> mtn: selected update target ab359c1091857ba6fea22c12e0502654fcfc65b6
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'src/wmii-3'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'include'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/default/cfg'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/default/openwin'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/default/ssh'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/default/xinit'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/default/zsh'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/default/tsocks'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/vpac.org/sys11/xinit'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory
'custom/vpac.org/sys11/tsocks'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory
'custom/vpac.org/sys11/openwin'
bam> mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'custom/vpac.org/sys11/ssh'
bam> mtn: misuse: 12 workspace conflicts
bam>
bam>
bam> None of these directories should contain any files except those that
bam> monotone knows about.

What happens if you do "ls -a src/wmii-3"?

In any case, what I would do is an "rm -rf" on each of those
directories, then a "mtn revert --missing" and then "mtn update".

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/