[Monotone-devel] Documentation and mtn-ignore

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Documentation and mtn-ignore
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:19:12 +0200

Hi everybody

I was trying to ignore files by use of .mtn-ignore for the first time.
Couldn't find sufficient information about .mtn-ignore/Lua patterns in
the tutorial (i.e. section 3.8 would be a good place). The Lua was not
the problem though, since I found documentation about Lua and patterns
easyly. But I couldn't get the .mtn-ignore to work, until I found out,
it has to placed in the workspaces root directory ...

It was actualy the third place I tried, but since I didn't know Lua
patterns bevor, I tried around for a while, testing the patterns in the
wrong placed file with 'mtn ls ignored ./' bevor reading the Lua-Doku
and finaly trying other directories for the .mtn-ignore file.

It would be nice if that would have been made obvious (maybe together
with some simple Lua-patterns). Currently there seams to be information
about this in the Wiki eather.

Thanks for all

--
Sebastian Rose <address@hidden>