Re: [Monotone-devel] encapsulation branch

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] encapsulation branch
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:55:00 +0200

Hi,

Thomas Keller wrote:
workspace,read
workspace,write
database,read
database,write

would be enough for me. On the UI side of things one would do

Uh.. opening the database in a read-only mode certainly has advantages, but a read-only workspace? Multiple concurrent readers to the same workspace? I don't quite see the use case for that.

  $ mtn automate stdio --access workspace,read --access database,read

Well, the current default seems to be writable access to both, database and workspace (and key_store). That's why I've first thought of limiting options, saying "I don't need a workspace for this stdio session" and keep the default at "I want everything I can get". As this basically is a performance optimization, I think it's a reasonable default.

Regards

Markus