[Monotone-devel] [off-topic] help request for guitone

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [off-topic] help request for guitone
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:44:59 +0200

Hi all!

Sorry for being off-topic, but I recently got a fair amount of bug reports wrt guitone on win32. Since I'm not an expert there and having no real access to an win32 installation beside some VM at work either, maybe one of you could take a look? All you need is win32 platform-experience with Qt 4.2.

The main issue is that if guitone is run as unprivileged user, QProcess will sometimes just not signal that data are available, so the program is pretty much blocked. If it is run as admin user, it blocks if I read the branch name of a workspace through automate get_option branch shortly after automate inventory. Weird enough, this goes away if this request is removed, and everything else (i.e. all other commands) seem to work correctly.

I'm absolutely clueless here and already thinking about dropping Win32 support completly since I neither have the time nor the resources to take care of these things.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.
--